Friday, December 23, 2011

(643) Pride

A large amount of books have been written to explore the many-fold complex relationships between sisters. I am intrigue to note my life group member's love hate ties with her sister.

Apparently the younger sister, Amber, was at one time earning much too much money for a young woman to fritter away.  Apart from a big house, a decent car, overseas trips, she chose to spend on her many siblings. The one person whom Amber chose to blow twenty thousand on a rescue in 1983 is now doing financially better than the rescuer. As the world goes round, sometimes the playing field is leveled. Amber is now living in a spare room in Jacky's house.

I am a simple soul, I merely note how kind and loving Jacky is toward Amber. I have been puzzled with the constant irritation Amber felt because of Jacky. It took another acquintance to point out to me: if Amber has been looking down at her own flesh and blood, it must be galling that she has to accept hospitality or charity from her object of scorn. I suppose pride is not a good companion to have around when a person is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment