Thursday, December 22, 2011

(641) Director and producer

A few nights ago Elizabeth excitedly told me that there is a course next year that would allow the entire class to put up a play in the theater. As she related how her lecturer said that every single one of the directors through the years broke down and cried at some point of the production, I told her that she would make a good producer (not a director).

That day I saw a little girl moved small chairs, figurines, a bell, a few other things from one end of the room to another; she pulled her mother this way and that as well as she repeatedly tilted her mum's head while she was obviously putting on a running commentary. Now that is rather young for role playing or directing a play. But then again, I see the same type of imagination in this little girl and my almost grown daughter.

When I was young, I was the type to play cooking and house keeping. My play mates and I cut up leaves and made mud omelets. I may enjoy fictions tremendously but has only the experience of holding up a tree back stage. It is not my lot in life to direct and produce any play.

No comments:

Post a Comment