Monday, December 19, 2011

(620) Foongsui

A few years before my father passed away, he took a foongsui master (Wind and water expert) to look at my sixth uncle's shop lot. According to the master, there is no more potential in that piece of land for business. It was a thriving business center fifteen years ago. Interestingly, he reassured my father that his youngest brother would have his circumstances improve increasingly as he grows older. We all thought the prosperity would come from his children. It did, from one son who graduated from Australia and another who was earning ex-patriot's pay on mainland China.

A few weeks back my mother and I went to visit them and learnt that his piece of land would be acquired by the petrochemical multinational company as oil was found just off shore. If the residents all co-operate and negotiate wisely, they would each end up with a sizable fortune. Provided they do not fritter it away, my uncle and his wife would be well taken care of with that money for the remainder of their lives.

The same master looked at my brother's house and predicted that my brother and all who stay in the house would prosper from year number ten onward. That prediction did come true. My brother and sister-in-law were promoted many times in the intervening years. Of course they are hard working and they work smart too. Looking at the position of bed in the master bed room, he said the second child would be a girl, that happened too. My niece is now twenty two years old. All these happened many years ago.

Here I want to state that there is something in foongsui. Maybe it is science. Maybe it is occult. Everything that man said came to pass. He himself had passed on. But the art was handed down and it is increasingly being accepted by folks in this country. One expert calculated and claimed that foongsui controls 21% of what would happen in our lives. But I know the Almighty God controls 100% of my life. I choose to believe in him.

Seventeen years ago he asked me to write for his glory. I did in spurts and starts but had no medium of reaching a reading public until I saw my daughter reading a blog. Recently I saw that without my trying to increase my readership by advertising on my part, this blog can achieve a monthly page view of 812. Now I see it is indeed possible for me to be a published author with international readers. If God is willing, it is probably that someday I may become a speaker and a broadcaster, not because it is my ambition but I am not supposed to sit at home, shake legs and waste all the talents he had built into me for his purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment