Monday, December 19, 2011

(612) Chameleon -forcing one to change



When I was living up north, I had a good friend. she was a most helpful person. From providing transportation to taking a new comer to the library or the dentist, she was truly a blessing. It was surprising that others viewed her differently.


After I heard the third party's observation, I did a little observing myself. To a certain extent this third party is correct. Should career choices been made differently, my good friend would make a perfect lawyer's wife. Sad to say, the good man chose the cloth (he became a pastor). Therefore his wife was valiantly trying to be a good helpmeet. By nature she is an introvert. To be her husband's helper, she played the role of a warm hostess. So one moment she is warm, then as soon as she could, she switched back to her true self: being quiet and on the side line. I still like her, in fact I have an added measure of respect for her from then on.


Recently I moved back to my home town, this is my familiar hunting ground. Here I met a new friend. She holds a job that requires her to greet folks. After a while, I realise this new friend is like my good friend. The nature of the former's job requires warmth, she switched it on. You see, one cannot alter one's personal traits over night. After a while, she would have to go back to her own self. This frequent switches was very confusing for me at first. When I realized I did not unknowingly cause the cold spells, I began to relax and enjoy the warmth whenever it comes on.

* Country Flower Home Pic.jpg from countryflower.com

No comments:

Post a Comment