Saturday, December 10, 2011

(598) A walk to remember by Nicholas Sparks

My youngest was working on a paper on this book today. I picked up the book and read it probably for the fourth time in six years.

I still cried. I know it is silly of me to cry over fiction. There is something so beautiful and pure about certain passages that I just know that the emotions portrayed in the book is real. My daughter read me what Nicholas said about this book, it was the only book that he cried over while writing it. Jamie was modeled on his youngest sister who died of cancer at the age of thirty two. And yes, there was a man who loved her enough to marry her in spite of the fact that she might not live long.

This is about as close to God's love for each of us this side of heaven! Will you pause for a moment and give Him a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment