Tuesday, December 20, 2011

(631) Die young



Out of all the friends I had in college, Margarita stood head and shoulder above the rest. She was not the prettiest, neither was she the smartest. Yet she was the one who cared for the under dog. She could be the life and soul of the party when she chose to. Alternatively she could hide in the darkest corner and dreamed. She was fun and she could be funny.


She spent one year in Spain and came back with enthralling tales. I sat at her feet and listened to story after story of actual happenings. Before I knew it , it was three am. Years later I often wondered what she would be up to. Time stopped when I heard of her sudden death at the age of twenty seven. What a waste! She had taken some light away from this world when she departed. But then I would not expect her to grow old and crippled or die inch by inch. It would not be her style!

* amelie-vuillon-flower-and-pebbl from uncovermusic.com


The good die young. She simply passed on in a blaze of glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment