Tuesday, December 20, 2011

(625) Choosing friends



Choosing Friends


One day I was talking to my youngest about choosing friends. I have seldom interfered with whom she befriends in school. However, I do consciously choose whom I allow her or encourage her to mix with out of school.


She asked why it is that despite the fact I didn't quite like so and so's actions, I went on allowing her to spend time with the girl. I had to think about it for a few days before I knew the answer.

Very simply, this girl is young and she has an exceptional mom( who takes raising her children seriously). Moreover, I see this mom doing very well, her children are polite, kind, and respectful. Being inexperienced, teenagers often foul up in trying situations. Well, one has to learn from one's mistakes sometimes.  And it is better to learn from small matters when one is young than to play safe early on and commit big blunders much later in life.


If we can, we learn from others' mistakes. If we cannot, we try to make only small mistakes with no devastating and life long consequences.

* flower 13.gif from dazzlejunction.com

No comments:

Post a Comment