Sunday, January 29, 2012

(734) My provider


My provider

When my children were young, there was one day that I was literally down to my last dollars.


Closing my eyes now, I can still see myself digging out every coin I had in my purse. I had less than three dollars. After counting out my bus fare to and from work, I did not have enough money left for my lunch.


I remember tears coming to my eyes as I prayed for help. Then I switched off the lights downstairs and prepared for bed. Right before retiring, I heard calls from the gate and went down to see who would come so late at night. It was ten fifteen.


My husband's colleagues came in and bought two bottles of vitamin C with cash. That one hundred and twenty dollars tide us over until my pay cheque cleared. We had a little stock in the cupboard to sell to neighbors and friends, it was a way to earn a few dollars.


God is a present help in times of need. It is one thing to read of others' answers to prayers. It is quite another to go through what I have experienced.

* 7art-00006 incredible-orange-flower from 7 art-screensavers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment