Tuesday, January 17, 2012

(707) Personal shopper

The last batch of recycling stuff brought five hand bags (pocket books as some Americans call them). One of them was incredibly sweet, pink with some embroidery. They were all rather tiny, catering to the whimsy teenage crowd. I persuaded Elizabeth to offer it to Serena, a teenager in church. Somehow I just am definite she would like it.

Elizabeth came back and told me Serena loved it. As soon as Elizabeth took it out of her back pack, she could see Serena drooling over the bag. Elizabeth said the grin on Serena's face could probably light up five light bulbs when she took it from Elizabeth. Then the latter asked me,"How did you know that Serena would like it?"

Now that is a million dollar question! I don't exactly know how to answer that. It was quite fun being a watcher on the side line. I have been watching all the young girls graduate from wearing the dresses chosen by their mothers. Serena and Marina are sisters. They used to dress alike until Marina hit puberty and started to sport designs that speak of her own personality. Then I had a more interesting time observing how Serena starting to dress up two years later. Obviously no two teenagers dress alike unless they are trying to copy someone. I guess subconsciously I have been building up a dressing profile for Serena. Hence when I dug out that pink bag from a huge bag of recyclables, it spoke to me and I straight away thought of Serena.

It is a little too late for me to discover this talent to have any commercial application. Had I found it in my twenties, I should join retailing and make myself into a buyer or a personal shopper for the rich and famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment