Sunday, January 8, 2012

(687) Helping strangers

Time flies. Counting from tomorrow, it will be exactly two weeks to Chinese New Year. My husband went shopping for CNY bargains. He came back rather late, I was expecting him to say he went to two or three supermarkets.

He met an old lady asking for help. Apparently, her son's car failed and he accompanied the tow truck to the mechanic's. My honest and not very suspicious husband took her and her grand daughter, a toddler, home. I think I would at most part with some taxi fare than allowing a stranger into my car.

Recently, we have heard of house breakers coming with a lorry with a small child sitting beside the driver to empty houses which owners went on vacation. Neighbors hardly know each other, some folks who rent houses move often. Most house holders see a small child and assume a family man mover is legitimate. And the interesting part is that they come in bright day light and confidently quot the tenant's name.

Anyway, my dear husband made another friend. He confidently believe that no criminal would target him with elaborate hoax as he drives a budget car. For once I am grateful that he is not going round town in an expensive model!  

No comments:

Post a Comment