Saturday, February 25, 2012

(789) God of little things



Shortly after I accepted Jesus as my savior, I remember praying for my left eye to have double eye-lid. That was after the Sales Secretary surgically altered both her eye lids. There was an interesting discussion over the beauty,  surgical as well the ethical issues of cosmetic surgery in my office.  Although I maintained that it was a personal choice whether or not to choose surgery, I decided it was not for me.

Then the next morning as I was applying eye shadow before going to work, I talked to God. While I realized how rare it was to have what some people call dragon-phoenix eyes, my meager make up skills were not up to making the best of my natural assets of having a single eye lid on the left but a double eye lid on the right. If God was willing, I asked him to make my left eye lid like my right one.

Weeks later, I forgot all about this until an observant old friend asked if I had undergone the surgery.  After denying, I had to go to the rest room to see if what she claimed was true. It was. The left eye lid alternatively turned single or double on different days. A few months after that, it stayed and remained double eye lid to this day.

I am honoured that the Almighty God heard my little request and chose to answer it. It sounded so very vain for me to even ask. That is why I seldom tell anyone this testimony. It does make putting cosmetic on easy. I have no regrets asking for the change. Am really thankful that He cares for me in this small matter.

* flower-07 from ace-clipart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment