Monday, February 6, 2012

(760) Nightmares


I don't know about your childhood. But throughout my growing up years, I was the one in my family who would scream and woke up the entire family. Up to the age of nine, my parents and three children had stayed in one room in a wooden house.

Childhood nightmares receded as I grew up. The last time I remembered being shaken awake was in my Freshman year by my room mate. I had been making funny noises and woke her up but I went on struggling in bed. True enough, all my bed cloth was in disarray.

When I was in my mid-thirties, all of a sudden the night-mares came back. I would wake up screeching. My heart would be thumping in my chest, my throat would be totally dry and I would be too afraid to go back to sleep in case the terror recur. So I would stay up and read until sun rise. Now one cannot do that too often in a week. It is a good thing that my husband sleeps soundly.

I must have been pretty desperate to request for prayer after the sermon in our preaching point. Anyway, it was my own church's lady speaker. I still remember her prayer. It was simple: just to submit and cover my brain and my entire conscious and sub-conscious mind with the precious and cleansing blood of Jesus. She went on to bless me with the sweet and undisturbed sleep of the children of God. And true to form, until today, no more nightmares! Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment