Thursday, February 23, 2012

(784) Avoid pain at all cost

Just the other day I was observing a toddler play. She is about fourteen months old. I noticed the way she was taking the hymn books and placing them in different angles on the sofa. Compared to her older sister who is meticulously neat and precise like the surgeon father, this younger one has imagination and could be trained to be creative.

I am usually very quiet in the group. There is no reason why I should tell any of my personal observations to the mom. After all, who am I but an old and rather boring person with not much qualification in this young lady's eyes. If I am right about anything, she was really surprise and openly wondered how I could know so many things. Well, I may not make as much money as her husband, nor have I been through as much schooling; but I have spent twenty over years using my eyes, ears and brain in learning about children and their various learning styles.

On the way back, I had to tell my good friend who is also in education. It was an interesting discovery that an educator could appreciate! I asked her why some parents are so short sighted in not wanting to know more about their children? Her reply surprised me. She said most people would rather not know than to deal with any possible pain. That is highly probable! But that is like living under such limitations like: there are sharks in the oceans, therefore we do not swim in the sea and nor do we travel in boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment