Saturday, April 21, 2012

(896) Direct Guidance


While I was working with special children, a friend recommended a child to me. Since I could not see any learning difficulties with the case history, I spent some time praying if  I  should take the child. When the answer came, it was in the form of vision when I was washing dishes. I saw the lesson clearly in my head. It was like this: I was to make jelly with the girl. In a clear glass, I was to make a jelly of three layers. The bottom layer is to be clear jelly with some red dye. In the middle a layer of jelly mixed with red dye and coconut milk.  On top it was to be a layer of jelly with coconut milk alone.

Then the lesson came out of my heart: I was to tell her that the bottom layer is the way God made her heart, clear and pure. The top layer is the world: full of deceit and lies. The middle layer is what her heart was like when she came to me, affected by the lies she told. Her heart was no longer clear nor pure, but opaque with lies.

In the end, I did not carry out the lesson. While I considered about taking her, the step-mother of the girl changed her mind about sending the girl. It is not often that I was under direct guidance like this. I could see how much God loves this girl of mix parentage. While I was not given a chance to intervene in her life, God may send another person into her life further on in time. I believe in a God of love, who gives us second chance in his mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment