Saturday, April 7, 2012

(875) Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie


Let's look at Tuppence scolding herself, page 122: "Fool," murmured Tuppence at length, making a grimace."Little fool. Everything you want -- everything you have ever hoped for, and you go bleat out "no" like an idiotic little sheep. It's your one chance. Why don't you take it? Grab it? Snatch it? What more do you want?"

That happened directly after she rejected Julius's marriage proposal. Julius was an American multi-millionaire. He may not be in love with Tuppence. But it was a genuine proposal. I can't say things of this kind happen to every young lady in real life. But between you and I, I will tell you that my friend Zelda had a similar experience. Before listening to her colourful life, I used to think such things only happened in books.

However, there is one difference. Tuppence married Thomas, her true love. Zelda is still waiting for the man meant for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment