Wednesday, April 18, 2012

(886) Paranormal


There was this house that we lived in for close to two years. That was the period when my youngest was sick often.  These were the months that I would drink enough water to wake myself up a few times at night to check on my children.

One night, as I was changing the hand towels that absorb their sweat, the youngest woke up, turned towards the window and talked to me. At that point in time, I heard sounds of vehicles passing as the mid-night show in the nearby theatre ended.

"Mummy, why do people walk in the dark?"
"Hush! The show is over and folks got to go home."

I petted her back to sleep after I stole a glance towards the window. It was a bright moon-lit night and not a shadow could be seen. We were sleeping in a bedroom on the first floor. Whatever she saw was not human beings.

Much later, we requested the prayer team in our church to cleanse and bless our house. The team prayed in each room and olive oil was anointed at every doorpost and window. My pastor looked out the very room which my daughter saw "shadows" at the window and asked me what was outside. It was another house opposite and beyond that house was the part of  an army camp that was not being used. Old timers told me that it was the very spot where Japanese soldiers buried civilians that they tortured and executed. Those remains have been removed, but a sense of evil and violence is left.

After the blessing, nothing further was sighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment