Thursday, April 19, 2012

(888) I-communication

In Australia, we find seven young men visiting their mate who was hospitalized due to an automobile accident. In a way it was heart warming to find the young so concerned over their buddy's well being. But on the other hand none of the young men look nor talk to another. Each of them was busy texting each other, some were communicating with others not in that room. Others, I suppose, were playing games with the hand phone. I heard about this from one of the young man's mother who tagged along to see how poor Joshua was doing.

In a sense, our new generation are more at ease sms-ing each other. They are more into emoticon than body language. What George Orwell foretold about 1984, part of that had come to pass in 2012. The IT savvy crowd love to communicate using their Ipad, Ipod or whatever. Who needs to see one's friends and talk to one another face to face anyway?

Even my cousin in China met his wife on-line in a dating site. From all I can see, it is a good match and they are a loving couple. Now my neighbor is e-dating her boy friend from abroad. They are planning on meeting each other in July. Wonder never cease, my children are very tickled pink to see their dinosaur mom switching from one blogging site to another, from English to Chinese!

No comments:

Post a Comment