Friday, December 28, 2018

(1073) Humility

This is the Christmas season. I kept hearing one person after another telling me they are tired. Perhaps it is the many activities in church. Maybe it is the Christmas party or the family dinner. The shopping for gifts that one wants to bestow on one's loved ones...

The deco that make a street Christmas looking, the carols that bring nostalgia to one's heart, the presents one gives and receives, the yummy feast that one partakes yearly, and more than anything else, the gratefulness for one's love ones around, health, a reasonable amount of surplus that enables a person to be generous, they all contribute to a blessed Christmas.

Yet what does God requires of us? In Micah 6 verse eight it says "To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

It sounded very simple. Yet it is indeed profound and very difficult to carry out. I will probably use this as my vision for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment