Sunday, December 9, 2018

(1050) Calling

I just came home from having lunch and chatting with someone I have known for years who is now serving as a new pastor.

In my limited experience, many pastors have a lot to say and too little time to listen. Much to my surprise, she spent hours listening to my stories of how God told me to do whatever I am doing now. In 1984, I was at a cross road to decide if I should accept Jesus into my heart. I knew even as a pre-believer that once I belong to Him, my life would no longer be mine to live how I please. I have read too many missionary biographies about how they live a life of obedience, often doing unusual stuff and at great odds, things that sounded more like fiction than real life.

I did accept the Lord at an altar call in a church in New Braunfels, Tx. With tears running down my cheeks, I walked up to kneel at the front steps to the hymn "Lamb of God, I come, I come". As I was walking towards the stage, an idea rose from my heart and appeared in my brain as a question "Are you willing to serve me in a place with no electricity and no pipe water with only two bags?"

It was such an unexpected question. Yet I did not hesitate, I said yes Lord. That prophesy came to pass during my two and half years in Sabah, many years after that moment in Texas.

In 1994, I received another prophesy. Once I ascertain that it was possible that it was from God, I have lived my life according to the calling. The first part of the prediction is I will publish books. Since I was nine years old onwards, I have been writing in one language or another. It is a hobby, not a livelihood. In college, my professor was surprised that a science student could produce short stories that could be published. To me, I have been published as a teenage writer in Chinese, English is just a second medium. But I have no intention to seek publication as an adult, it is fun to write. I enjoy blogging, but to seriously get a publishing company to print a book sounded daunting. That would be more than work, it would be stressful and I would definitely face plenty of rejection.

To date, I estimate I have written seven books. Writing is easy and fun, editing and proof reading is tough and time consuming. Now, to really print a book is a lot of back room work. When I was hospitalised with a life threatening disease, money somehow came pouring in. Folks are very caring and kind. After I recovered, there is surplus enough to publish my first book. I know, my life has been spared because I have unfinished work. Every moment I have now is icing on the cake. I don't deserve to live a long life, it is mercy operating that allows me to go on to do what was allotted to me since the beginning of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment