Monday, December 3, 2018

(1043) Bed bugs 2

My husband is going for a trip to a neighbouring country for  a few days this month, I will grab the opportunity to varnish bedroom 2. While my youngest plans to visit shopping malls and distant places, I will have less people at home to complain about the strong smell.

A look at a friend's worn out parquet flooring warns me of leaving my rooms not properly maintained. After all, who wants to spend money to strip the wood off and put in tiles. I like wood because it is cool and not cold. Moreover, worn out wood strips make good hiding places for tiny insects like bed bugs. After being bitten in a stay over, I was careful to boil my clothing upon returning. Now I will think twice before visiting anywhere but a clean and well kept hotel.

Reading about the Lion Air tragedy, I wonder about travelling on budget airline. Unless I have the fund to purchase air tickets from a reputable airline, should I take such risk? After all, there are a lot of fun places to visit in my own country by car or by rail, must I fly?

My son says it was a new model of plane from Boeing. If a passenger knowingly book a flight on a new model, then he assumes the risk of the test flight. But what if he is ignorant, he pays with his life nevertheless. I thought of the many flights I took to Borneo, I shuddered that anything could have happened. My son begs to differ, he said Air Asia does not operate like Lion Air. Lion Air simply expanded too fast, too soon and flouting too many regulations. I suppose it is a matter of opinion, thousands of passengers travelled on Lion Air, and until the tragedy occurred, no one thinks twice about flying on any airline.

I suppose life and death is held in the hand of God, none of us would go one day earlier than He determine. But I suppose I should still be a good steward and live my life with due caution.






No comments:

Post a Comment