Sunday, December 9, 2018

(1052) The Young n Brave 2

My husband went overseas for a business trip. I decided to attend another church today. It was a very different experience sitting through a service in a Brethren Church compared to a Pentecostal worship.

Anyway, I am glad I went because at the end of the open worship we sang "O Holy Night". It was a lovely song. For a congregation that used to sing a'capella before musical instruments were added, it was a beautiful rendition. I well remember the time the women of a similar church sung it in the elder's house during the advent season, it was the most memorable song I heard in Malaysia, till today. Well, that was thirty two years ago, I was expecting my eldest child that year.

On the way back, I took the LRT, called subway in one country, the tube in another. Walking the short distance home, my daughter stopped to pick me up. It just so happened that she was driving her friends home, and she saw me with her sharp eyes.

I almost did not tag along. It was a good thing that I did, for a small cockroach surfaced and frightened the wit out of her. Calmly I told her to park on a roadside parking lot, I took over the driving.

When we got home, I told her that she was carrying two precious souls. They probably are their parents' only daughters. There my daughter was, not familiar at all with where they stayed., taking chances at playing chauffer. She does not have a normal sense of direction like most folks, she is "gungho" at pushing her limits like most of the young and brave. Only thing is she is not just playing with fire herself, she was driving at high speed on the express way with two young and beautiful girls from out of town as her passengers. Touch wood nothing happened. As I type this article, I feel goose bumps along my spine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment