Saturday, December 15, 2018

(1057) Working Memory

Twenty years ago, I had the challenge of working with a 7 year old girl to add to her one working space, I called it a register by computer terminology. It is documented in an earlier post classified under l.d. standing for learning disability. Last night I reread this group of articles, I think there are 20 of them.

Night before yesterday, I went for a Christmas dinner in a local hotel. My husband and I were very early. I spoke to a gentleman from Canada. Before the dinner was over, I gave him my first book. It was an impromptu gesture of good will, there was nothing pre plan about it.

Guess what, he has a daughter who is 11 years old. She is dyslexic. They determined that she has 3 working spaces, a "normal" person should have 7. We managed to touch base on this because I added Special Education to my bio data on the back cover.

Realistically, what are the chances that I should meet him, in a city of several millions? Plus the fact that he had only been living in this country for seven months. His chosen home in this country lies at least three hundred miles to the north.

Of course, it does not mean I could definitely help him and his daughter. All I can do is to point to God, prayers and childhood active games. No wonder I was commissioned to document the childhood games of my generation. With the advent of computer and hand phone games, active outdoor games are almost dead in the cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment