Thursday, December 20, 2018

(1064) Fatty Acid Functional defeciency

I think I have written on this before in an earlier post. Well, since the second thought that came was this, I'll cover it again, hopefully, in a new angle.

It is a genetic aberration that came as one of 27 physical symptoms of the dyslexic syndrome. As a result of this, a well nourish child could be really thin. Whenever the child feels stressed, that is if a teacher expected something impossible or reprimanded him or her for not being able to do what came easily to others, the child would burn fatty acid, much more than what was normally consumed.

From the age of three to seven or eight, I was really short and very thin. If I show you a photo of that time, you would see my joints: elbows and knees as knobbly. My limbs were rail thin. I looked like the children in starving Africa minus the fat belly.

From the age of eight onwards, I started cooking my meals in addition to what my mum served. With high carbohydrate content and lots of shallot oil, I thrived. I was still short but gradually gained enough weight to look normal.

All my daughters were thin until puberty. They have normal appetite but somehow do not put on weight. They are each at least seven inches shorter than their brother.

My niece did not have a chance to eat enough oil. Her family eats very healthily. She has life long skin rashes, periodic eczema and some form of itch most of the year.

Brain cells are made up of fatty acids. Unless a child is given the choice of eating sufficient fatty acids in acceptable forms, the brain would not develop normally. I would suggest cold press coconut oil or olive oil if the parents could afford them. Else I thrived on peanut and sesame oil in the sixties and could not complain I did not develop to my full potential.



No comments:

Post a Comment