Tuesday, June 28, 2011

(487) Zelda's prince charming

Remember my friend Zelda? I sat and prayed with her through her mission trip in London. I also sat with her through her internet courting through a Christian website. I must have looked at more than fifty photographs of men. So have I gone through looking at all kinds of possibles pursuing her for months, none of them lasted.

I have come to be rather philosophical about her would be marriage. In my head, I separate people into the marrying and the non-marrying kind. Maybe, in spite of all she said, she belongs to the second group.

Guess what I heard today? She has prayed and received her answer. If her most recent possible furnishes all personal details and come to her and all information given tallied, then she will say yes. I was shocked! He, judging from one photograph, is not really good looking. Perhaps to do him justice, I would say that he looks pleasant. This person has little materially. Not that I would look for a millionaire to marry, but I would not choose one of the poorest either. This person towers over her in height and weighs twice her weight. I know that she saw a tall and large man in her dream. But double her weight? One good point is she can abandon her weight watching and eat, for she would still be petite standing next to him.

Truly, I admire her guts and adventurous spirit. She prayed for a husband who would partner her in mission work. And if this guy persists and is checked to be genuine, she is ready to marry him this year and follow him to the ends of the world to declare the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Amazing!

Please read (9), (994), (749), (361), (383), (401), (520)

No comments:

Post a Comment