Wednesday, June 1, 2011

(443) Tales of the unexpected by Roald Dahl

From the days I was hunting for books for my children, I fell in love with the books of Roald Dahl.

Recently, I had a lot of fun rereading his entire collection in the British Council library. Apart from Enid Blyton, I can't think of a better children's author. However, the book I am writing about is written for adults.

If you like justice for a faithless husband -- try Lamb to the Slaughter.
For a gambler's tale                               -- read Man from the South.
Guess the fate of eavesdroppers            -- My Lady Love, My Dove.
Risk losing your money                          -- go Dip in the Pool.
Remember the school bully                    -- you'll enjoy Galloping Foxley.
Want a bit of suspense                           -- you will like Skin
Men who are hen pecked                       -- go for Neck.
For revenge to the fair sex                      -- there's none better than Nunc Dimittis.
Warning to a bargain lover                      -- find The Landlady.
Suppose you think death will part
you from your wife                                  -- read William and Mary

Husband, do not bully your wife              -- or you may choose The Way up to Heaven
Actors who enjoy cheating                      -- check out Parson's Pleasure
Wives who make fools of hubby              -- learn from Mrs Bixby and the Colonel's Coat
For a twilight zone story                          -- read Royal Jelly
The last story - Edward the Conqueror, I won't give you any clue, go read it yourself! It is quite a tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment