Friday, June 10, 2011

(462) Parenting - today (1)

The other day I met a mission worker who came back from Papua. She just returned from visiting the country with the world's second highest treasury reserve. Her brother was an Asean Scholar who ended up working and living in the island nation.

She made an interesting observation. It seemed that in expensive restaurants, young children are given the parents' I-pod, I-pad and I-what-ever not. I was taken aback, these gadgets are expensive! She shrug her shoulders and gave me a look that said,"It's their money and their children!"

At that point of time I have not seen any thing like that. Truly it defies understanding! Let's say these yuppies are filthy rich. They could buy such items every week as fast as the kids drop them. Even then don't they want to teach the children how to handle high valued items with care and respect? Aren't they afraid that these item would expose their darlings to unnecessary radiations?

In the end we concluded that parenting is about convenience nowadays!

No comments:

Post a Comment