Tuesday, June 28, 2011

(486) Being Observant

A few days ago I went out with a neighbour. Mrs Tee went to drop one child for a tutoring session. Then we went to a food court so her other child could have dinner. Next thing that happened is that Junior with a full tummy was dropped. We sat in the car chatting until the first child emerged from the tutoring center with a stream of students.

We had a delicious dinner and then proceeded to shop for the first child. Interestingly, as we were chatting about everyday things in the neighbourhood, names were attached to neighbors we know by recognition. There is this house where two sisters live. The elder one has two sons while the younger one has one son. I had to describe which is which. The first child with whom I was having a meal, is a girl of 16, commented that my neighbour the younger sister has a very respectful, filial son. I was really taken aback.

For I know that these two young people were not even nodding acquintance. Our houses are positioned in such a way that we can see each other coming in and going out. Ha! Here is an observant girl who is a good judge of character.

I tried to look back to the year I was 16. I don't remember any near neighbour with a twenty year old son. Even if there was, I probably won't notice much as I was running in and out of the house busy with school activities.

Now that I am interested, I must keep in touch with this neighbour. Some day I would like to see if  the girl make good use of her skill in selecting a good husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment