Wednesday, June 1, 2011

(439) You want to write a book?

I have two friends who want to write books. Both have unique experiences. Both possess the potential to birth good books that will help thousands.

Amy is busy in the ministry. She lives by faith. The other day she actually found a free book on line. A mutual friend sent it to her. Since that author wrote exactly what she desired to write, and he did a marvelous job of it; she is freed from the task. I think it is called "The Naked Church".

Betty is busy earning a living. She does have free time, but she is afraid of putting down her thoughts. She is afraid of being misunderstood. She is also afraid of others' reaction should it be published. Now and then when she has the compulsion to journal, she logs it in an external drive that is under lock and key.

A few years ago, I too was afraid to write. But everything changed with the world wide web and the advent of blogging. Among millions of blogs, if you choose to read and follow mine; it would definitely not be by chance. I can continue to write what my heart desires to record. Any time you can choose to stop reading. If what I wrote helps you, let us praise God together. If not, this blog is not meant for you.

Someday, perhaps my gifted son may arrange and edit my work, should there be a demand for it; he will look into publishing it (whether e-publishing or the normal paper kind). Hey, no sweat! After all, there is no great need on my part for recognition. If I can let go of the possibility of earning with my writing, this is the perfect medium of reaching for people who either enjoy or need to read my thoughts/ experience. What a blessing the internet is!

No comments:

Post a Comment