Friday, October 29, 2010

(208) God who comes to us/ Prayers 11


When I was in High School, all the born-again Christians in my class call themselves Christ' Ambassadors.  Every Friday they meet after school. In between the meetings they would talk to us about their God. I came from a Taoist background. What they said sounded like Greek, it was very confusing. What I really dislike was that they would condemn others' religious beliefs.


 There was one meeting that I attended which was held under a big tree in the field. (This is now more than thirty years later.) I had forgotten all about it until my best friend reminded me about it. Apparently during that meeting we went round the circle stating what we would like to become if we were given a wish. According to my buddy with an elephant's memory, I told them I wanted to be a space craft traveling in deep space. My choice was very different from everyone else' movie stars, athletes, millionaires, political figures...


Looking back, I must have been a thorn in these Christians' side. I would use my wit and debating skills to argue with them. I could easily take on two and win the argument. When we graduated from High School, different students went different ways. One of my fervent Christian friends started to pray every morning for me and others. She shared that she would wake up at five in the morning to petition to God. It seems that I was on her list of people for God to reveal himself to that she diligently prayed over every Tuesday.


As she was praying, I was abroad. Many things happened. It suffice to say in this story that I met my faithful friend's God in the home of an Apollo astronaut who actually walked on the moon. This goes to show how much this personal God loves me that he used circumstances to bring me to the one person who talked about his Lord that I will accept and believe.

* animal1079.gif from help.com

No comments:

Post a Comment