Wednesday, October 13, 2010

(157) Fool's tail/ Upbringing 17


When Heidi was in nursery, there was a little boy in the next class who caught my  eye. He was taller than the rest of his classmates. He was fair skin and good-looking. More than that, his mom kept a little pig tail at the nape of his neck. From the chit-chat among mothers, I gathered that his dad is a doctor and this brainy boy easily led the classes.


By the time Heidi was in Year Four, I only met one of the nursery moms occasionally in front of her school. This lady has a son one year older than Heidi who attended the same school as the boy I mentioned earlier. One day she told me that boy's parents were having a tough time being called to school quite frequently over disciplinary matters. I was very surprised, it was exactly the opposite of what I expected to hear.


Perhaps it was our comments that remained in my head which led me to read about the topic of this article. Weekly I would go to the Town Council Library to borrow books for my children. One particular morning I had an extra half an hour. I took all the books I had chosen up to the adult section and flipped through a few hard covered and well illustrated books. One of them featured medieval history, it was after a chapter on the torture equipment used in the Spanish Inquisition that showed a few secret groups. According to this book men in those day might choose to enter those organisations. Usually it involved a secret way of handshake, perhaps taking a blood oath on secrecy and even a particular hairstyle. The example given was an overall men's hair cut but a tiny bunch of hair was kept long at the nape of the neck, which may or may not be pleated. This fool's tail showed allegiance to Satan. Unknowingly the poor boy's parents gave consent to the evil one to adversely influence their boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment