Saturday, October 23, 2010

(203) The House of Promise/Prayers 9




When I almost lost my mobility, I was devastated emotionally. Since the age of seven, I have been searching deliberately for about fifteen years for the true God of the universe. After finding him, I sincerely followed him to the best of my ability. Then I found myself a few short steps away from a wheelchair.


Being a practical person, I spent less time wondering "Why me?". After all, Joni was younger than I when her head hit the hidden rock and she became a quadriplegic. I read Psalms often and cried.


I prayed and fasted for guidance.My prayer went like this: " If I were to be eventually wheel chair bound, then please let me buy a one floor abode in which every room is wheel chair accessible. But if God sees it fit that I will be able to walk until the very day he takes me  home, then let me purchase a double-storey house."


The very first house I offered for was a double-storey house. I heard from a friend that he was moving out and the owners considered selling. After a silent prayer, I called the owners and offered a  figure I picked from empty air. Two weeks later, we made an appointment to sign the sale and purchase agreement.

From that time, I have gone on with an unshakable faith that come what may, I would be able to walk right up to my very last day on earth.

* flower 022.gif from myspace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment