Thursday, March 1, 2012

(814) Dare to dream


 William Tyndale

Yesterday I assisted a friend in manning a books and handicraft store in a traditional church in a port city. After a video was shown about the life of William Tyndale, a young girl from the target youth group actually walked up and asked me why the story was not made into a movie or an animation show for the big screen.

I was momentarily taken aback. Personally I have watched the video a few times. Yes, each time I felt overwhelmed that so many people paid the price of the bible in my hand with their precious lives. But it never occur to me that I should see what I can do to spread the message using popular media to a wider audience than those in our churches.

The world belongs to just such a young person who thinks big for God. I told her that we need to pray so that God will call together his talented and committed people to work on such a project. With her permission, I joined hands with her and said a simple prayer mobilising  God's people and resources to start the project. I think of my pastor's daughter who is currently working on animation outfit in the east coast of USA. I praise God that he is raising up a generation of young people who are IT savvy and who dream big for God. I am honoured to be able pray with the future director of this project. And perhaps my Elizabeth had  been training and preparing herself to sing for such a movie for the glory of God. With God, all things are possible as long as it is His will and His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment