Thursday, March 1, 2012

(810) Good bye




God is merciful. By his design I was present with my father during his last hour on earth. Throughout his life, he had been upright and I have not seen fear in him.Yet he seemed petrified during the last half an hour. His eyes kept darting to the window. The rest of us could not see anything. I held his hand while my pastor prayed over him. My son and I sung every hymn and chorus we could think of that mention Jesus' blood and the cross. Those songs brought him peace.

After he passed on, I experienced sharp pain in the hand which my dad clung to moments before death. Each time the pain came, I rebuked it in Jesus' name and ordered it to leave. Over a period of three weeks or so, it occurred less and it stopped. For that I am very thankful to Jesus for the authority he gave us over the power of darkness.

Is my beloved dad saved? Nobody on earth knows. I have shared with him the good news many times over the long years.He chose to reject it. While he was able to talk, he said no to my pastor in the hospital. At his death bed, he was unable to talk.For a person who did not say yes to Jesus verbally, Pastor said, my dad died very peacefully. Who knows, he could have called out to Jesus in his heart at the last second! Perhaps that was why a single tear fell from his left eye as he breathed his last.

* 158888547  af741c460e 0.jpa from squidoo.com
For more on healing, read 8, 48, 65

No comments:

Post a Comment