Tuesday, June 11, 2019

(1131) Envy the Night by Michael Koryta

Like many well written books, I could sense the atmosphere of the place the author set this book in. I don't claim to have visited Wisconsin, I doubt if I will ever have the chance. It is not simply finances alone, I often visit a place because I have a friend there. Much as I ponder, I doubt I could name even a contact from Wisconsin. With due respect to those who hail from that state, or those who love the place; I would continue to look out for books written about Wisconsin so that I could get better acquainted with it.

For whatever reason, I think of Lee Child when I read Frank Temple III. If you think I am a thriller fan, then you are mistaken. I read thrillers because I enjoy good writing. All the better if it is set in a place I want to know better. It will be a bonus if I like the characters. This book fulfilled all three criteria, wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment