Sunday, June 9, 2019

(1121) The various Flavours of Coffee by Anthony Capella

This is the very first book I read about coffee, even though underlying it is really a love story.

As I close the book after I read the last page, my thoughts are about coffee.

I remember the many cups of store blend I had in college to stay up completing projects in the middle of many nights. I think of the first cup of real coffee Gaston, my favourite cousin in China, bought me in Kwangchow. I recall the many cups of designer coffee my millionaire friend June made me in her lovely home. I feel the hot, fragrant Secret Recipe brew I partook weekly in Silver City with a neighbour.

My cousin, Juliet who knows much more about coffee and tea than I, talked conversantly about fair price coffee and social justice.

I realize that once upon a time we used to have coffee as a minor crop in Malaya.

My mum, who is 86, thinks of coffee as an gift from God to human kind which she discovered regretfully late in old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment