Tuesday, June 16, 2020

(1255)Ideas on eternity

During my uncle's last visit to Kuala Lumpur, he stayed in my elder brother's house. One morning, I had a chance alone with him and I grabbed it and told him of my dad's death bed scene. While he does not believe in demi-gods or ghosts, he as a trained doctor who could not deny the idea of an all knowing creator of the universe. His idea is that if there is such a God, God is simply too busy to care about one out of 7 billion souls on earth. After I related all the details and the subsequent dream, he promised me that if he has a chance to call out "Jesus, save me!" with his last breath, he would do so like my dad. I hope he did not promise just to get rid of me. Well, I have done all I could. At every opportunity I've shared what I could.

I am also grateful that the talk I gave in Johor allowed me to be accompanied by my cousin Bee Leng to visit fifth uncle in Desa Bayu. We drove on the new high way (open since Chinese New Year 2020) to go to the housing area before Desaru. Staying in my uncle's 5 room house for 2 nights gave me a chance to talk to him about my dad's last hour. He listened attentively as he saw my dad for about 30 minutes in Tung Shin Hospital before rushing off to catch a 6-hour bus ride to Johor about 4 days before the latter's passing. Like my uncle on my mum's side, fifth uncle on my dad's side did not comment on my dream. I find older Chinese are not flippant about dreams, there is a place for dream language in the Chinese culture. He too promised me that he would do the needful at the last moment because he wanted to meet my dad again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment