Monday, June 15, 2020

(1239)When god doesn't answer your prayer by Jerry Sittser

I am surprised that I finished reading this book in my friend's house. Normally I would grab every opportunity to read and blog on Reader's Digest Condensed Books and most fictions. However, all the books I saw in this friend's house previously belonged to a daughter who has since married and moved away. Thus apart from writing and typing from written manuscripts, I started reading what caught my eyes.

For one who has sat in church long enough, the common answer is that God could say yes, no, or wait to any prayer. The single prayer I have prayed over the years regarding my father's salvation took 26 years to come to pass. I am thankful that after waiting a long time, God did say yes so graciously.

But of course for anyone who prays earnestly through the years over many matters, some prayers were not answered. In this book I learned that prayers were not centred on the answers, it is centred on our relationships with God. For a person who faithfully prays, it is he who was changed in a manner that enables him to help change the world in his corner. In other words prayer is a "dangerous" thing, it changes us, takes us out of our comfort zones to work out the matter we pray about.

No comments:

Post a Comment