Thursday, January 2, 2020

(1193) Providence

God is indeed merciful. I am a child who grew up in scarcity, I tend to hoard any surplus. My son, however, is a person of simple faith. He knew that he is in the very centre of God's will. Therefore he is not bothered by the fact that he could be down to the last ten dollars before pay day. Neither does he splurge should he have a thousand dollars extra.

Since I have been here in Borneo with him the last six months, God had mercifully taken me into his consideration. Before a week night group left, God already provided amply for the expectant short fall. It is part of a tuition teacher's lot to deal with parents' finicky preferences. As a group completed PT3 (used to be called LCE or PMR) the students chose to switch over to two week end sessions in a computer aided program started by a bright spark from the state's capitol. Here I can see the attraction, it is cheaper and it leaves week nights free.

 For the month of December, I took charge of feeding and supervising two children. My son took on the responsibility of working with both for two hours each week day on the all important national language. Both children usually live with their mother a few hundred miles away. Their
father visits a few times a year. During the month of December, the children spends time with dad. Since dad has to work every weekday, and there is a swimming pool in the condo compound; I feel I could not in good conscience leave a nine year and a thirteen year old with no adult supervision. Should anything happens, I would never be able to live with not helping them. Thanks to the father's generosity, the short fall in income was covered fully up to next December. It was God's creative blessing that enables my son to stick to Borneo for another calendar year. Praise be to his name. From 2013, God has brought in part-time proof reading, part-time writing, and lately temporary
childcare and short-term tuition to keep us afloat in Borneo. Great is His faithfulness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment