Sunday, January 19, 2020

(1202) Poltergeist?

This is a real incident that happened in Silver City many years ago.

There was this couple in my life group. Mr Tee was a contractor. Mrs Tee was a homemaker who takes care of toddlers as a profession. One day she tagged along with her sister to visit a tarot card reader. That very evening items started flying in her home. Mr Tee called the pastor and the entire prayer team turned up. After explaining how serious it was for a believer to dabble in the occult, the couple confessed in prayer. The phenomenon ceased.

In the same city, there is a woman who warned me not to let my children watch "Teletubie" on TV. She related what she read in a magazine. There was a brother and sister duo whose ages were four and two respectively. Their parents were active Christians. Yet the children regularly watched such TV programs, followed such video programs often and owned more than twenty such soft toys. One day  the children were being extra difficult and the parents locked up every single one of the soft toys. Guess what happened? Objects flew, defying gravity. The end result was the Ministry team turned up in full force, Mum and Dad repented in prayer. The toys and video tapes were burned and destroyed that very evening.

At that time, there was no working TV in my house. The very next time such a program came on in my brother's house, I watched about five minutes of it with my children, my niece and nephew. To me it seemed artificial, stilted and not interesting. As I walked off, the children changed the channel immediately. Of course all of them were then more than six years old. Apparently that program was targeted at very young children. Since my children became avid readers at very young ages, it was not that difficult to discourage TV watching on normal school days.

No comments:

Post a Comment