Sunday, October 13, 2019

(1177)Something new by Lucy Knisley

This is the very first cartoon novel I have read from front to back. My son was surprised as I have never been a visual cartoon enthusiast. Well, I still am not. The fact that I read it at all is a statement of high compliment to Lucy Knisley.

I was caught looking at a few frames now and then while waiting for students to arrive. Also books are returned every two weeks. The last batch was borrowed by my son while I went to medical camp. I have just run out of books to read a few days before the next run to the state library.

Something old
Something new
Some thing borrowed
Something blue
For my own wedding 30 over years ago, I wore an old bridal gown borrowed from a friend's friend. My best friend made me a new veil. I borrowed costume necklace and ear rings. My college buddy from US sent me a blue garter. From this book I read of the Swede custom of having gold and silver coins in the bride's shoes.

I still remember the beautiful ribbon roses, fixed on the church pews, made by a lady who teaches secondary school. She also decorated our borrowed gold coloured Mercedes for the wedding. All of these were done at cost and with love. My husband is a nice guy that is highly popular everywhere he goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment