Wednesday, October 2, 2019

(1165) Setting house keeping

After renting the house, I must have made at least four trips to bring stuff over. Every second household item I owned was packed in boxes and brought over. I still recall sending seven boxes over using 30 kilo limit that cost $15 for one particular trip.

My husband sent our old car over by ship. It cost slightly more than $2 000.  Until we had a car there, we went everywhere by mini bus.

There was one trip I went over alone, Laynee was leaving Seldarado and sold me her air-conditioner. One morning the service folks came and installed the unit in the Master's suite. After the men left, I closed the front wooden door and proceeded to mop the floor. In a moment of inattention, I slipped on the wet floor and fell. I must have hit my head and passed out. It took me a long time after regaining consciousness to gather enough strength to get up. My shoulder hurt terribly. It occurred to me momentarily that if I could not get up, I might die in an empty house. It was fortunate that by the time I returned home, the arm was finally able to move normally.

Thereafter, I left a set of house keys with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment