Wednesday, October 2, 2019

(1166) Residency

Twelve months passed very fast. The supposed last trip was slotted during the last two weeks of the 12-month rental period. My son wisely told me that it was probably futile making one-week trips, I needed longer to get a job.

During the second week, my husband and I sent our old car for servicing. We went to a shop in mile seven that we never visited. As the car was being worked on, we had breakfast and I walked around the area. Upon seeing a college, I stepped up to ask if there was a vacancy for an English instructor.

Amazingly, there was a need for  a substitute teacher for maternity replacement. I sent in a resume with the relevant certificates, and I was hired within four days. With a letter of appointment from the college, I made seven trips to the immigration office during teaching hours and obtained a one-year work permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment