Thursday, November 29, 2018

(1038) Housekeeping

Having gone away for a few years and just resumed blogging for a few weeks, I am pleasantly surprised to find that folks still read this blog. The mind finds it interesting that according to page view, my biggest group of readers next to American is Russian. In the third place is France, then only my countrymen, Malaysian. Thank you for your support.

The all time favourites are:
1. (89)  Never Stop on a Motorway
2. (932) How to have a Fair skin Baby
3. (168) A Change of Heart
4. (172) The Queen's Birthday Telegram
5. (91)   Shoe shine Boy
6. (93)   A Hungarian Professor
7. (170) The Wisdom of Solomon
8. (963) Lucky Man by Michael J Fox
9. (167) A Matter of Honour
10. (134) Upbringing

This is a blog, merely a record of my personal views, experience and perhaps the way I perceive things and people around me. It is a little shocking to look at the number of people interested in having fair skin babies. Bird nest has been harvested for thousands of years from Borneo and shipped to China since the Tang Dynasty. It is basically the "saliva" of swallow birds. It was a special food for Royalty. When abstaining from drinking coffee and drinking lots of soya milk did not help my nephew to have fair skin, my sister-in-law went to consult a Chinese physician. Looking at my niece's beautiful complexion at birth, I asked, listened and imitated when I was pregnant with Elizabeth. Joyfully she is the only one of my children who inherited my husband's gene in terms of skin that hardly tans in the sun. Due to her sharp features and fair skin, people think she is Japanese, Korean, Northern Thai ... Looking at my husband's grandmother, it is possible she had Thai blood. After all, Perak shares a certain length of border with Southern Thailand.

Therefor I state a disclaimer here, what worked for my sister-in-law and I might not work for another lady. I wish I have a fool proof method to share like gene splicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment