Sunday, December 30, 2012

(193) A Dream 3

My husband and I made another trip up to visit the book room I wrote about in (993).

The corner shop lot is beautifully renovated. The staff quarter looks lived in finally. To date, we have one full time counter staff, one kitchen worker, a book seller and a temporary manager whose real job is to oversee translation projects in different parts of Asia.

Sad to say, my husband and I put out a fleece and found that we are not supposed to move up at all. I don't quite understand why I am being given much time to read, contemplate, write a few passages now and then. But I have to accept that here is where God wants me to be. Last year, when I prayed about a part-time teaching project to earn some money for travel, God generously gave me two trips: one to Shanghai and the other to Canton. Therefore I am most grateful and could not complain  at all. If it fits in with what God allows me to do, I hope to see two children two or three times a week. I will be paid to speak to them in Mandarin: a six year old boy and an infant girl. The ultimate goal would be to build a love for Chinese literature within these two children. My neighbor would transport me there and back as she was hired to transport the boy from school and then to cook dinner for the family.

We will see how that goes. But back to the book room, I saw hundreds of donated books being sorted and entered into the database. A few pieces of furniture were placed in different corners. God willing, the book room may even open on January 15, 2013!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the book room was started by Vera Koh who is my colleague. Is it called Amazing Reading Room or something like that?

    ReplyDelete