Sunday, December 30, 2012

(192) Zelda's update

This is another installment continuing from (9).

I just talked to my friend Zelda on the Skype. She has booked her return air ticket and if she could not extend her stay she would be back by January 28, 2013. I guess after writing to each other for over a year and then spending almost 6 months in the same housing area, he is still not exactly sure that she is the one he should wed.

Zelda went to visit her friends in Arkansas and Seattle. The church her boy friend worships in actually blessed her with a trip to Washington DC. During the week ends she managed to visit many places of interest around New Jersey. It was a wonderful rest, she managed to read many books and educate herself in psychology, how to listen to the raped, the sexually abused, the traumatized ... Even more important than gathering head knowledge, she was able to apply what she learned as God led her to those who needed a compassionate listening ear.

Now, more than before, I am sure God has good plans for her. America may just be a starting point. Being a practical and logical person, of course I would love to wrap up the saga with a wedding march. But our God is a surprising God at times, His ways are higher than ours. I could never perceive His thoughts by using my finite brain. And so I eagerly await Jan 28, it would be lovely to see Zelda face to face. Here, I reiterate that in the internet one finds more scams than romance. Unless you are sure that you are smart and scam proof, it is better to leave it alone. I wish that every woman would have the good fortune of Zelda in seeking a suitable mate in the cyber world, but that is a wish that cannot come true in our imperfect world!

No comments:

Post a Comment