Wednesday, May 23, 2012

(957) Emotional healing


I remember the day when I fell down in the bathroom in the single storey house facing the field. I remember calling Naomi, she came, cleaned my wound, bandaged me up and took me to St. Gregory to collect Michael’s report card.


Why did I fall? Things had gone wrong for many weeks. The last straw was having our only car knocked from the back by a drunk driver at a traffic light.


For days I was walking in circles. Working hard but never seeming to be able to get any one task done. I was trying to prepare bath water for Keziah before she was to be picked up for kindergarten. Or was I trying to fill a bucket with water for mopping? It is difficult to recall now. Anyway, that didn’t matter as both tasks meant I was bending down to ladle out water from the big container to a smaller bucket.


I fell and must have passed out for an unspecified time. When I opened my eyes, I could not recall where I was. Neither could I recognize the house or the bathroom.


It was as if I was a child again. I wondered where my mum was. I wondered how come I was not in the old house. (my second childhood residence) Then I looked at myself, got up from the bathroom floor and looking into the mirror, it came in a flash that I was much older, married and with kids. Where were my children?


I knew Michael was in primary school. Keziah was at home.


Looking back, it was a healing experience. I had to fall flat on my face; the holy spirit took me back to that crucial moment and I must have been ministered to. Don’t really know why, but it was to be a time machine experience before I was made whole. Naturally I wanted to go home and found a ride. The good samaritan took us to my home town. We stood by the side of a busy road with no taxi in sight. And in my bewildered state, I cried out ‘Help!’ to God and he promptly answered.


Yes I had two kids in tow, Michael must have been 9, Keziah was 5. We were standing at a street corner, not knowing what to do. Michael asked, ‘How are we going to get to grandpa’s house?’ and I answered, ‘ I really don’t know, but God will take care of us.’


Lo and behold, not many minutes later, a car pulled over, Sandra and Hugh, our angels from our past asked us to get in. They fought a 1 1/2 hours' jam to take us to our destination. According to Hugh, he usually wouldn’t pass that way. However he made a wrong turn; Sandra spotted our ragtag band standing there with our overnight bags.


You see, when one cannot take care of oneself, God will take care of him or her. All he or she has to do is to cry out to Him. Praise be to his name.



* b-414781-Decoration Flower.jpg from en.loadtr.co

No comments:

Post a Comment