Tuesday, May 22, 2012

(956) The Dreamer, the Schemer & the Robe by Jenny Cote

A few days ago I read Cote's first book and I like it. Now I am wondering how this second book could be better. Yet I think if I were to ask my child who is an English Literature major, she would answer that it is because the author has had more time and space to develop the characters better.

By now I can see the greedy plump cat Al, the trim and intellectual female cat Liz, the brave terrier Max and his "wife" Kate in my mind's eye. I could just imagine what they would do in the next chapter. That is the advantage of reading a second book in a series.

Joseph and his many colored robe is a very familiar story in Sunday school. Cote was able to bring it down to an every day level with interesting side stories and make the main story come to life. If parents are looking for books to show their children how to live a life of faith by listening and obeying God, this is the book that they should buy and leave it around the living room so that faith would rub off onto their off-springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment