Thursday, May 3, 2012

(932) How to get babies with fair skin & good complexion

For mothers in my part of Asia, most of us want to beget fair skin babies. Some believe in drinking soy bean milk everyday. I probably drank soy milk at least three glasses a week throughout my first pregnancy. But believe you me, my eldest was born very fair, but the minute he went to school and started on sports, he became as brown as berries.

Others said no coffee, that I followed to the letter for every pregnancy, yet I did not get fantastic result. By the time I had my last one, I invested in three hundred dollars of bird's nest, spent hours picking swallow's hairs out and double-steam it with rock sugar in boiled then cooled water. I took that in three instalments around the time the skin was supposed to be formed (which I have forgotten exactly what months now). Lo and behold, I had Elizabeth who is not only fair skin,  but she does not tan easily. Looking at her sharp features (not forgetting, I was by then vain enough to pray for physical beauty for a daughter) and my deep tan, some people wondered if I married someone with some Caucasian blood.

Few days back I heard something new: some folks bathe their precious daughters in special liquids. The first day she comes home, open a sample bottle of XO and pour it into the baby's bath water. The second day, it is to add some (1/3 of the smallest bottle) Guinness Stout (black beer) to the bath water. By the third day, you have to buy a bottle white beer and add an equivalent amount to the bath water. Judging by the parents' skin characteristics, their daughter does have much better skin tone and complexion than her parents as well as most girls in town.

You may think me nuts, but I will tuck the idea away. By the time I get my first grand daughter, I will be sure to suggest the idea to my off-spring and spouse. After all, my eldest had a bit of skin rash on his face during his first week, he merited half a bottle of white beer for three or four baths until the rash faded away. It certainly did not do him any harm.

2 comments:

  1. Can you describe in detail the things you consumed in your last pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please give me deatils of what is bird's nest and swallow's hairs? How to get it and how to double steam it with rock salt? Eagerly waiting for your reply.....Thanks

    ReplyDelete