Tuesday, October 16, 2012

(78) The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer

This is a sequel to Kane and Abel. In fact a fair bit of the book is a mirror image of the earlier book, written from the angle of Abel's daughter.

Compared to the TV show of the first American woman President, this lady portrayed in the book gave me a more human and softer feel. I guess it is a matter of time before even the US will have its first female CEO. And why shouldn't the lucky lady be a Roman Catholic of Polish descent?

Even though most of us would have to admit to some latent prejudice hidden deep within, yet universally we admire great leaders in spite of their race and nationality. Since it is possible for US to democratically elect a black man as the President, there is yet hope for this world.

Yet I can't say exactly what is lacking in this book, it is the first Jeffrey book which fell below my expectation. Before this, I found that every single one of his books blogged in this site delightful to read. I still managed to finish this book, but it took discipline and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment