Tuesday, October 16, 2012

(76) The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan

-Book One of The 39 Clues-

As an answer to my prayer for children's books, a bag of 30 over books (including this one) came. Now that the library to be set up accepts only Christian books, I will have to find someone who would appreciate this after I am done with it.

The cover of this book depicts swirling skulls and thigh bones. When I first saw it I thought it could be satanic. It turned out to be a well thought and well written book that I would not hesitate to hand to any seven year old who could understand the words used.

Given the choice of walking away with two cool million US Dollars or being given the first clue to a round-the-world treasure hunt, Amy and Dan Cahill chose to risk their lives.

Within days, they almost were lost in the Parisian Catacomb. Dan was almost run over by an underground train. The hunt was on!

No comments:

Post a Comment